Is there any way to use sql doc to document a sql compare snapshot in an automated fashion? What we're trying to do is to automate the documentation of differences so that when someone comes up to our desk and says "did anything change in the last three days to the db" we can just send them the file in the great HTML format that sql doc has.
We are thinking of doing the following:
1. Have sql compare create a snapshot of the db off hours automatically
2. Have sql doc create a diff doc based off the snapshot automatically (could be during the day).
Some related questions:
1. Can sql doc generate documentation based on a sql compare snapshot and not just a live db?
2. Can we use the sql toolkit to automate the sql doc without having to create a project first?
3. If we can't use sql doc, how could we create an automated diff report in sql compare?
Thanks in advance!