What’s new in 5.0
• Complete redesign of the UI including a timeline feature for monitoring past backup activity and future backup jobs
• Integrated support for clusters
• Reporting across multiple servers using a central reporting database
• New keywords THREADCOUNT (to get improved performance using multiple threads to write to a single file) and FILECOUNT
• Support for RESTRICTED_USER, STOPATMARK, STOPBEFOREMARK
• Support for Microsoft® Windows® Vista
• Improved scheduled job management including being able to start, stop and delete jobs from within SQL Backup
• Browsing network shares
Install SQL Backup 5 and you will get a fully functional 14 day trial.
If you are upgrading from a previous version of SQL Backup you will get a new 14 day trial period and you can reactivate your license if you have an upgrade contract.
To import your registered servers from SQL Server Management Studio, Enterprise Manager or from version 4.x of SQL Backup you can use File -> Import SQL Servers. For a demo video of the time line, and further information about the other features in SQL Backup 5, visit the SQL Backup Help Center at http://www.red-gate.com/sqlbackuphelpcentre
There's also a new
SQL Backup 5 public forum
To upgrade from a previous version by using Check for updates from the Help menu, or Start -> All Programs -> SQL Backup -> Check for updates