My apologies about that - the release notes didn't get uploaded with the 2.2 release; I'll get that sorted out.
The main things are:
* Support for SQL Server Management Studio 2016 CTP3
* Support for connecting to and searching Azure SQL Databases
* Auto-complete in the search text box
* Respects the RGTEMP environment variable - set this to change where the index caches and log files get stored
* Some minor stability fixes
Installed versions will update automatically to 2.2, but to use SQL Search in Management Studio 2016 CTP3 you will need to download the full installer from the website.
Red Gate Software