Failed to compare two elements in the array

Automate and integrate using the SQL comparison API

Failed to compare two elements in the array

Postby JoshNoe » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:09 pm

We recently updated the RedGate Compare SDK dlls, and now our previously working app is throwing an error when we call RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.Database.LoadFromDisk("mysnapshot.snp")

"Failed to compare two elements in the array"

The version appears to be, even though I got the dlls from "SDK 10" which I downloaded eariler today.

Stack trace:
at System.Collections.Generic.ArraySortHelper`1.Sort(T[] keys, Int32 index, Int32 length, IComparer`1 comparer)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Sort(Int32 index, Int32 count, IComparer`1 comparer)
at RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.Indexes.Sort()
at RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.Indexes.#gjh()
at RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.Table.PatchUpAfterDeserialization(Database #RHc)
at RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.Tables.PatchUpAfterDeserialization(Database #RHc)
at RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.Database.PatchUpAfterDeserialization(Boolean #pXrc)
at RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.Database.LoadFromStream(Stream #a0, Database #uwL)
at RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.Database.LoadFromDisk(String #wqk, Database #uwL)
at RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.Database.LoadFromDisk(String fileName)
at ReleaseUpdate.Synchronizer.SQLSynchronizer(BackgroundWorker worker, DoWorkEventArgs e) in C:\\SPIDev\\SPITools\\PRIME\\AutoUpdate\\Synchronizer.vb:line 125
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:08 pm

Same issue

Postby thad p » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:22 pm

SOLVED: Make sure you include ALLLLLLL the library files in the folder "E:\\Program Files (x86)\\Red Gate\\SQL Comparison SDK 10\\Assemblies\\SQL Data Compare
" to your project, the actual error i got had NOTHING to do with the actual issue (missing an assembly file) i noticed it was an inner exception to the exception. Good luck all

If i use an empty database i do not get the "failed to compare two elements in the array" message. To bad i have a very complicated database i need to use this on (and my trial is running out) so if i cannot get this to work soon i will move onto the next solution in my list of things to try.

ConnectionProperties sourceConnectionProperties = new ConnectionProperties(txtToSqlUrl.Text, txtToDBName.Text, txtToUsername.Text, txtToPassword.Text);

RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.Database sourceDatabase = new RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.Database();
//(error's on the next line)
sourceDatabase.Register(sourceConnectionProperties, Options.Default);
thad p
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:46 pm

Return to SQL Comparison SDK Previous Versions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests