We're pleased to announce the release of a new version of Schema Compare for Oracle.
What's new in Schema Compare for Oracle 3.0
- * Script folder support: create, compare against, and deploy to script folders
* Improved performance of the comparison engine - comparisons are up to 20% faster than Schema Compare for Oracle 2.0
* Test connection button
* UI tweaks such as a bigger, less cluttered project dialog
* Alphabetical ordering of TNS and schema names
- * Numerous bug fixes (e.g. fix crash when deploying GRANTS)
You can upgrade by selecting the Schema Compare for Oracle > Help > Check for Updates... menu item. If this doesn't work for you, then you can download the update directly.
- * Upgrading from Schema Compare for Oracle beta: the upgrade should be seamless and all customizations will remain intact.
* Upgrading from Schema Compare for Oracle 2.x and below: Schema Compare for Oracle 3.0 will install alongside earlier versions.
If this is the first version of Schema Compare for Oracle you have downloaded, you will receive a trial license when you install the tool.
If you are using a previous version of Schema Compare for Oracle the license requirements depend on whether you have purchased a Support and Upgrades package:
- * Without the Support and Upgrades package: You will have a trial license when you install Schema Compare for Oracle 3.0. To continue using Schema Compare for Oracle 3.0 after the trial period, you will need to purchase a new license.
* With the Support and Upgrades package: If you already have a valid license number for version 2.x or below of Schema Compare for Oracle, purchased with the Support and Upgrades package, then you can use the same license to activate Schema Compare for Oracle 3.0 manually.
Microsoft .NET framework 4.0 is required to use Schema Compare for Oracle 3.0. If you don't already have this version of the framework installed, you can download it here.
We want to hear from you
We're always interested to get your feedback on the Red Gate tools.
- * If you have any issues, please post them on this Support Forum or contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* If you have any suggestions for new features, enhancements, or things you would like to see, then please vote or comment on our Suggestion Forum.
The Oracle Tools Team @ Red Gate