OK, new user here, problem as above:-
Windows Server 2008, SQL Server 2008R2
1. I start the Hyperbac Configuration Manager.
2. I go to the 'Extensions' tab and I select the *.bak extension and click on 'Modify'.
3. I specify a path to one of my databases.
4. I re-check the extension is correct.
5. I enable Integrated compression.
6. I select AES-256 Compression.
7. I click OK, and the prog minimises to the taskbar.
I run the following backup command to see if compression is good:-
BACKUP DATABASE [databasename] TO DISK = N'path to backupfile\\backupfilename.bak'
WITH NOFORMAT, NOINIT, NAME = N'dbname-Full Database Backup', SKIP, NOREWIND, NOUNLOAD, STATS = 10
The backup seems to run at normal speed, and when I check the size after it has finished there is no difference from the existing backup sizes?
Am I missing something or doing something wrong?