Compresses, encrypts, secures and monitors SQL Server backups.
SQL Backup templates are missing a few very basic features. Still waiting for the ability to:
(1) Rename an existing template.
(2) Modify existing templates. Currently we have to write down or memorize or hit the back button to recall even the name of the template we're currently using and and carefully retype the name exactly to replace it. Mistype one letter and have another round of fun verifying which is the new verison. Even an extremely simple improvement like making template names selectable so we can copy and paste them into the name field would be a huge improvement.
(3) Save a template without having to run it.
Last year I was told these simple enhancements might be addressed in version 7, but they're considered low priority because I was the only customer requesting them. Any +1's out there?
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:36 pm
Thanks for your feedback and the enhancement request. I have put this along side two more other customers who have requested similar features.
The other two scenarios that were requested are:
Allow saving of templates in Scheduled Backup wizard
Easy migration of templates between servers
I will put your request again in the triage queue and should have an update when this is looked at by product management. The jira number for your reference is SB-3470.
I should be in a position to notify you when this is triaged and updated.
Thanks for your feedback in this matter.
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:21 am
I'll +1 this. It is cumbersome to create a template, run a backup just to be able to save it and then have to recreate a Scheduled backup using the same template.
I would also like to see a menu item such has "View/Edit Existing Templates" (or some such verbiage) to be able to quickly view/edit/create templates.
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:00 pm
Return to SQL Backup 7
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests