Announcing SQL Compare 10.2, available through Check for Updates and the download link below:
http://downloads.red-gate.com/checkforu ... .0.696.exe
* You can now specify source control repositories and versions on the command line, and migration scripts will work with command line synchronizations / script generation.
* Licensing of the command line can also be done entirely from the command line with no UI elements, so the command line can now be activated on non-interactive servers without having to copy files.
* New option: Ignore system named constraint and index names - this will ignore (at both compare and deploy time) the names of indexes, statistics, foreign keys, primary keys, and unique, default and check constraints where these have been autogenerated by SQL Server rather than user-assigned.
* New SSMS Integration: SQL Compare projects can be found and comparisons launched from inside SSMS, including SQL Server 2012 SSMS; integration will now be set up by the main installer rather than needing seperate installation.
* SQL Snapper is now included in the SQL Compare install by default. SQL Snapper is a standalone utility which can be used to take snapshots of databases on machines that don't have their own SQL Compare license - so you can e.g. troubleshoot problems or prepare deployment scripts for clients or customers with machines you can't access by getting them to send you the snapshot.
SC-5600 - Column mapping warnings added when SQL Compare guesses renamed columns
SC-5710 - Escape characters now work in filters
SC-5608 - Added option to ignore tSQLt tests
SC-5128 - Azure support now also supports tables with a unique constraint as the clustered index (i.e. no primary key)
SC-5721 - Inline constraints now no longer generate an extra alter column statement
SC-5668 - Values of incorrect type in partition functions now detected in scripts
SC-4567 - Data compression now ignored at deploy time as well as compare time
SC-5477 / SC-5658 - Snapshot backwards compatibility for extended properties fixed
SC-5701 / SC-5679 - Ignore tSQLt option now works correctly if there are no tSQLt objects to ignore
SC-5594 - No longer attempts to use migrations when deploying to a script folder
SC-5591 - Object existence checks now work correctly for full text indexes
SC-4670 - UDDTs deployed to live from a scripts folder now have improved dependency ordering
SC-5729 - Views that depend on columns in other views now have improved dependency ordering
SC-5722 - Views that depend on other views via fully qualified names now have improved dependency ordering
SC-5693 - Function dependencies on tables now correctly handled alongside 'use drop and create instead of alter' option
SC-5732 - Functions that depend on table columns now have improved dependency ordering
SC-4793 - Made grey text more readable throughout the UI
SC-5444 - Copy and paste of source control repository location now enables Compare Now
SC-5412 - Attempts to browse source control repositories with SOC uninstalled now handled more gracefully
SC-5355 - Migration script error dialog now longer resizes oddly
SC-5682 - Fixed rare UI crash when attempting to delete with no text in server combo box
SC-5007 - Cancelling UAC on update now handled more gracefully
SC-4567 / SC-4522 / SC-4465 / SC-5609 / SC-5453 - Option text clarified for no comment headers, case sensitive object definition, ignoring constraint/index names and identity on columns, quoted identifier settings, and regarding supported server versions for options.