We're pleased to announce that SQL Compare 10 has been released!
http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-de ... l-compare/
If you have any feedback about v10, please let us know on our uservoice forum at: http://redgate.uservoice.com/forums/141 ... uggestions
What's new in v10?
• Migrations (custom change scripts): you can now create, store and share migration scripts for accurate, automated deployment using SQL Source Control and SQL Compare.
See here for more information:
www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/Content/ ... Migrations
Other new features:
• Rerunnable scripts - options to add existence checks and DROP/CREATE.
• Recently used servers – We remember the last 5 connections now.
• Different tables and columns can be mapped, which means renames will no longer be regarded as DROP/CREATE.
• Transaction Isolation Level can be specified as an application option.
• New create database functionality from the Project Config dialog so you can quickly create test databases from within SQL Compare
• Filters applied to SQL Source Control databases are now picked up by SQL Compare and applied in the comparison.
• Connection to Denali servers allowed
• Maximize button added to deployment wizard
• New commandline switches including:
o logging on the commandline
o show warnings that apply to the deployment
o use databases linked to SQL Source Control for comparison/deployment
o Ignore case sensitivity option when creating scripts folders
For more information on the new features, see:
http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/C ... ts_new_v10
• SC-5244 (OPTION OPTIMIZE not recognized by the parser)
• SC-3996 (Disabled triggers now detected)
• SC-5056 (Database level extended properties behave strangely)
• SC-4930 (Compare always tries to enable change tracking even if already enabled (thus the script fails))
• SC-4938 (/Exclude:Additional ignored when syncing from the scripts folder)
• SC-4958 (Command line include/exclude options not working)
• SC-5089 (Foreign keys not scripted when /scriptfile is used from command line (db -> empty script folder)
• SC-4552 (Support: CL behaves differently to UI: with /argfile switch)
• SC-5014 (Table level compression not handled well when script isn’t ours – and when it is, there is an ‘invisible difference’)
• SC-5113 (Comparison reporting identical where SQL differences view highlight a difference (DATA_COMPRESSION = PAGE)
• SC-4772 (SQL Compare not listing dependencies on Stored Procedure)
• SC-5141 (Create snapshot function unavailable if starting Compare from SSIP)
• SC-4937 (Script error changing partition ranges)
• SC-4031 (Snapshot creation date on command line)
• SC-4974 (Commandline doesn’t expose script folder creation options)
• SC-5292 (Make it easier to debug the commandline)
• SC-5310 (XML INDEX and PRIMARY XML INDEX on same column cause drop/recreate)
• SC-5243 (/Makescripts fail on case sensitive servers)
• SC-4706 (File format issue with Generate Comparison Results Report)
• SC-4980 (Partition function can be incorrectly read by script reader)
• SC-4633 (Identically-named partition index works in live database but not script reader)
• SC-5309 (Not creating a function in a sync script)
• SC-5328 (Change tracking re-enabled in alter statement unnecessarily)
• SC-4487 (Circular dependency issue: Table and Table function)
• SC-5242 (Next button does nothing during sync)
• SC-4674 (Warning for any dropped column)