- Me to fill out the purchase order: 30min
- Me to ask chase Boss to approve order: say 3 times at 5 min each
- Boss to approve the order: 20min (he will ask questions that will take time)
- Me: maybe to investigate other options before boss will order: 30min
- Accounts to process the order and buy using company credit card: 1hr (as they have to learn how to use the red-gate website etc)
- Me and Accounts to confirm and recorded that the order has been delivered.
- Someone to update inventory of software licences
- On-going costs of tracking witch licence is installed on each developers PC
- Then there is all small addition costs of book keeping and auditing as there will be one more line in the companies’ books.
So will I just choose not to use Reflector as the pain of the process of buying it is more than it is worth on any given occasion? (Can I meag the next dead line quicker by not investing the time in buying Reflector, time saved after the next deadline is of no value until the next deadline has been met!)