I decided to try out the latest and greatest with my most memory and processor hungry program, the client data access layer. I have one query which returns 5 columns and roughly 500,000 rows. This is a known performance and memory problem without a viable filtering solution at the moment.
After running this query (sql & io on) and viewing different ranges of time (usually less than 5) I am consistently running into crashing. After the last crash I took a look at task manager and profiler is using up 285,980k of ram. Not a huge issue for me since I have 8GB in my box to play with but it might be useful on your end.
I have included the details from the crash dialog below:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: RedGate.Profiler.UI.exe
Application Version: 22.214.171.1242
Application Timestamp: 4c1f8ee9
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdfe0
Exception Code: e053534f
Exception Offset: 000000000000aa7d
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
This does not seem to happen with sql & io off.
This new feature does show great potential. Already pointed out one unexpected call which should save a second or so in form load time.
Thanks for another great release,