Here's how to reproduce this:
- Within SSMS object explorer, select any database.
- Open SQL Search.
- Notice that the DB you selected in SSMS is listed in the database drop down of SQL Search
- Run a search (on anything)
- Change the database in the SQL Search drop down
- Hit ctrl-alt-d to refresh the search.
What's happening to me is the database drop down in SQL Search is reverting to the DB selected in SSMS.
Now try this:
- Select a different database using SSMS object explorer.
- Hit ctrl-alt-d
Notice again that the DB has changed to the SSMS selected database.
Is this expected behavior? I would expect that the selected DB in SQL Search would override the selection in the object explorer.