I want to profile the IIS web application.
1. Ran the profiler app as administrator; the web app is running on IIS 6.1, Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter
2. Going to attach to .net process page, selected the svchost process corresponding with the W3SVC service
3. The Start profiling button is still disabled, so I am stuck here.
1. Idem as above
2. Going to IIS - ASP.Net page - says IIS is not installed on this computer, which is obviously false, this is a live IIS server with ASP.Net 4 enabled. So I am stuck here again.
1. Idem as the first one
2. Going to the Windows service page - selected the W3SVC service from the list
3. Pressed the start profiling button
4. The profiling screen says "Starting application" and stays here, although the service starts (as seen in the Services section of Computer management and also in the task manager services section)
So, again, stuck.
Please advise what am I missing.