Could you please try patch 126.96.36.199?
ftp://support.red-gate.com/patches/sql_ ... 5_2_23.zip
The zip file contains two files:
To apply the patch, please follow the steps below:
1. Close all GUI connections to the SQL Server.
2. Ensure that no SQL Backup jobs are in progress.
3. Stop the SQL Backup Agent Service, or disable the cluster resource if on a cluster.
4. On the SQL Server where the SQL Backup server components are installed, navigate to the installation directory. Defaults are:
32-bit Machines - C:\\Program Files\\Red Gate\\SQL Backup 6\\(local) or <SQL Instance Name>
64-bit Machines - C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Red Gate\\SQL Backup 6\\(local) or <SQL Instance Name>
5. In the folder you will find an existing SQBCoreService.exe and SQL BackupC.exe. Rename the existing files, for example to OLDSQBCoreService.exe and OLDSQLBackupC.exe.
6. Now copy in the files extracted from the downloaded zip.
7. Restart the SQL Backup agent service/cluster resource, and ensure that it starts successfully.
8. Perform a test backup to ensure that all is OK. Then test to see if the original error occurs.