We’re pleased to announce that SQL Backup 7.3 has been released and is available to download. This is a minor release and includes new features and bug fixes.
• Upload a copy of backups to a SQL Backup Pro Hosted Storage account with the backup wizards or using the COPYTO_HOSTED keyword. For more information, see Backing up to hosted storage.
• Track the progress of uploading backups to hosted storage from the In Progress tab and cancel the upload if required.
• View results of copying backups to hosted storage or a network location from the Activity History and Backup Properties.
• Manage off-site backups from the SQL Backup Pro Hosted Storage website. See http://sqlbackup.red-gate.com
Bugs fixed in 7.3
• SB-5335 - To restore transaction log backups from a folder without removing previously processed backups from that folder, include the MOVETO option in the RESTORE command and specify the same location. This is useful if you are log shipping to multiple standby servers and want to restore backups to each standby server from the same location (rather than copying backups to a different location for each server, then moving the backups to another folder after they have been processed).
• SB-5381 - When editing a scheduled backup job, the job name is only overwritten if the job was created with the default job name. If a non-default name was specified when the job was created, this is not overwritten on editing.
• SB-5428 - The SQL Backup command line interface (SQLBackupC.exe) now works on 64-bit clustered SQL Server instances.
• SB-5434 - If copying to a network share fails, the reason for the failure is given in the text of warning 141.
• SB-5436 - It is now possible to install the server components on a remote machine using the command line if the SQL Backup Agent service account password includes non-ASCII characters.
• SQL Backup should no longer attempt to restore transaction log backups that are currently being written.
• Additional debugging information is written to the log file, SQBCoreService_log.txt, when the -sqbdebug option is used.
• Occasional problems with behavior of the VERIFY option have been resolved.
SQL Backup 7.3 is a free upgrade from versions 7.0, 7.1 and 7.2. To upgrade, from the Help
menu select Check for Updates
or download a trial from the SQL Backup page
and use your serial number to activate.
User interface version: 188.8.131.523 (to check the version number, from the Help
menu select About SQL Backup
Server components version: 184.108.40.206 (to check the version number, from the Edit
menu select Properties