There isn't a limit to the number of databases that SQL Backup can back up per instance, since each database is backed up sequentially.
SQL Backup should have generated a log file if it crashed. Could you please send me this file? This file is named SQBCoreService_<instance name>_bugreport.txt, and is located in 'C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Application Data\\Red Gate\\SQL Backup\\Log\\' on Windows 2003 and older, and 'C:\\ProgramData\\Red Gate\\SQL Backup\\Log\\' on Windows Vista and newer.
- output from sp_who2 if the backup is still in a hanging state
- the SQL Backup backup command that you were using
- any errors recorded in the Windows Event log related to the SQLVDI source during the time of the backup
- any errors recorded in the SQL Server error log during the time of the backup
SQL Backup Consultant Developer
Associate, Yohz SoftwareBeyond compression
- SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8