I've used this guide to add some compare options to sql source control. As recommended I added the file to source control. In previous versions, it did not get the file so you had to do it manually. In one of the recent updates, sql source control tries to get the latest version of the config file. It also creates a read only flagged version before it gets latest version. This creates a conflict and causes sql source control not to get the latest version. If I delete the read only file or manually get latest version and resolve the conflict things function normally. I figured this will help some people out so I posted it here.