A SQL Server Management Studio add-in to source control your database in Subversion or Team Foundation Server.
Why does SQL Source Control seem to forget who made a change? My edits almost always end up showing as being changed by "Unknown" instead of my username.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:47 pm
SQL Source Control uses the default trace to find out who made the changes.
A few causes for you seeing unknown would be:
- the trace is disabled
- you don't have permission to read it
- it's rolled over to a new file between you changing the object and visiting the commt/get latest tab
If you click the "unkown" link it should give you a few hints on the above.
- Posts: 1121
- Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:10 am
- Location: Red Gate
An Early Access Release of SQL Source Control v3.1 is now available that includes a solution to the 'Changed by = Unknown' problem.
For more details, and a download link, please see:
http://www.red-gate.com/MessageBoard/vi ... hp?t=15345
- Posts: 120
- Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:15 pm
- Location: Cambridge
Return to SQL Source Control Previous Versions
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests