I am using SQL Comparison SDK 8 and I have the following questions:
1. The package comes with assemblies of version 8. I suppose that the assemblies distributed with Comparison SDK are the same as those distributes with the installation package of SQL Compare and SQL Data Compare. Can I safely use assemblies bundled with SQL Compare and SQL Data Compare to distribute my applications created with Comparison SDK?
2. Is there some separate package available (e.g. zip file) with the latest version of RG assemblies to distribute them with custom applications that use Comparison SDK? As I said, the assemblies received with the Comparsion SDK 8 seems a bit old now (according to their version), I am sure newer versions are already available since there are already SQL Compare 10 and SQL Data Compare 9 out.
3. I also have license for SQL Comparsion Bundle, so all four applications that are part of it are on my machine. I checked their installation folders to see which are the latest versions of assemblies, so I could pick them there for the distribution of my custom applications. To my surprise SQL Compare 10 and SQL Data Compare 9 install folders do not contain such assemblies (for example, RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.dll). The only installation folder that contains such assemblies is the installation folder for SQL Packager (version for mentioned assembly in there is 22.214.171.124).
1. How can I quickly determine the latest version of assemblies to distribute them with my custom application?
2. Where can I get these latest assemblies?