I installed version 6.3 of the performance profiler this morning. I also installed the Visual Studio plugin.
I am trying to profile a .NET 3.5 web site on my machine using Visual Studio 2010 Pro (x64) running on Windows 7 Pro.
I can't even get the most basic profiling to work.
When I start the profiler I choose:
- ASP.NET web application (web development server)
- In the web application path I put the full path to my root web folder (which contains my default.aspx)
- In the web server virtual directory I put in /wwwroot (I have also tried just /)
- In the port I have chosen 50103
- In .NET version I have .NET 2
When I normally run the application in the debugger the site loads as http://localhost:50102/wwwroot/
so the settings I chose above mimic this closely enough.
When I try to 'Start Profiling' a few things happen:
- The profiler seems to start
- A new instance of the ASP.NET development server starts up but then seems to shut down straight away without any obvious error
- The IE window which starts up starts up with the url http://localhost:50103/wwwroot
and I get an error stating "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"
I have spent a couple of hours trying to diagnose this, looking through the forums and other site from Google but I can't seem to find what is going wrong.
If I am doing something stupid I apologise but I am about to give up on this as right now I am totally blocked trying to do the most basic of tasks.
I would appreciate any help.