The way the original PowerCommands assembly reordering worked, it wasn't just an alphabetization of the list of assemblies, it had some logic:
- Microsoft signed assemblies in alphabetical order.
- Other assemblies in alphabetical order.
The originally submitted request for PowerCommands (from me) actually asked for an even more specific grouping/order:
- Microsoft .NET framework assemblies (mscorlib and System.*) in alphabetical.
- Other Microsoft signed assemblies (Microsoft.*, etc.) in alphabetical.
- Everthing else in alphabetical.
It actually worked that way for a few releases and then was broken. I had filed the issue on the PowerCommands CodePlex site, but that appears to be down now.
It might be an idea to have some options around the sorting. Some folks might want just everything in alpha, but others (like me) definitely don't.