SQL Backup 6.0 has been released and is available for download.
SQL Backup 6 introduces many new features designed to make your backup and restore routines even more efficient and reliable.
• Network resilience (Pro edition). When you are transferring backup files across a network, any problems with the network connection are likely to interfere with the transfer, and will probably cause the process to fail. SQL Backup 6 Pro introduces the network resilience feature to protect against:
• Temporary network outages during all backup and copy operations
• Extended network outages while copying transaction log backup files
• New compression level 4 (Pro edition). Compression level 4 will be of benefit whenever you are short of storage space. Additionally, if you are transferring data across the network, compressing it using compression level 4 will reduce the amount of data to be transferred, and hence the time required for the transfer.
• Kill existing connections as part of the restore process (Pro edition)
• Log shipping now includes an option to skip the initialization of the destination database (Pro edition)
• Check for orphaned users as part of the restore process (Pro edition)
• Enhanced timeline responsiveness. Changes to the way that SQL Backup collects and refreshes the data mean that the time line in SQL Backup 6 refreshes more quickly, and is more responsive.
• Re-runnable wizards. Ability to step back through the wizards to re-run an operation if a problem occurs
• Manage existing backup files with new purge options
• Ability to view SQL Backup log files from the user interface
• Ability to deactivate licenses from the user interface
• Various bug fixes and design enhancements
Visit the product page to read more about SQL Backup 6