Automate and integrate using the SQL comparison API
We are using the SDK to do a SQL compare operation.
It is working fine when operating on a local SQL instal and not working when running on a remote sql install.
It simply gives a response that it could not could not open the target database.
I checked the server to verify it allows remote connections. My login has full rights to the database (I created the database using the same windows account.)
I'm wondering if there is an SDK setting I have missed or some other factor I'm missing. I'm quite puzzled.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:33 pm
Thanks for your post.
Could you kindly try following things:
1. Try to connect the same remote database through Managemnt studio or query analyser on the same machine from where you are running sdk application see if you get any error.
2. Try using GUI of SQL Compare to compare the same databases see if it throws the same error.
3. Try connecting by using Ipaddress rather than server name : ipaddress\\instancename
5. tcp:ip\\instance name
6. np:servername\\instance name
7. np:ipaddress\\instance name
Kindly let us kow if that was helpful and solved your problem.
- Posts: 816
- Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:53 pm
- Location: Cambridge
Return to SQL Comparison SDK Previous Versions
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests