FYI - myself and sxl_belly are working on the same requirement
Now coming back to your question, We are using SDK to create the package using c# application. Let us know how to set the following default details for the package without prompting the user.
1) Upgrade the existing database.
2) database name - 'TESTDATA'
3) Authentication - Windows
4) Server name - MachineName\\LOGISTICS [where machine name might vary for each user, LOGISTICS is constant instance]
If you want to send someone an exe that they can just run without it prompting them for anything, you could send them the package and a batch file to run it with the appropriate command line switches
- This is our exact reuirement. Let me know how i can create this exe using SDK.
our idea is to create and schedule a C# application using SDK which does the following
1) compare databases,
2) create synchorinzation script,
3) create a package for the script,
4) send mail to the users attaching the package.
This is currently being done manually on a weekly basis which we are trying to automate.