Unable to connect to the Redgate Client Service

achamardachamard Posts: 3 New member
edited July 29, 2016 12:12PM in SQL Multi Script
Hi,

I just updated to SQL Multi Script 1 version 1.2.6.521. It is using the new user login functionality.
The app wants to connect to the newly installed Redgate Client Service but the app fails with the message "Unable to connect to the Redgate Client Service".
That service seems to be running correctly. Are there any advanced troubleshooting techniques that you can share so that I can use Multi Script again?

Thanks,

Andy

Comments

• Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Thanks for your post and so sorry for this issue!

We have already gotten a few reports about this problem and are currently looking into it.

I will post here once we know more.

For now, you can uninstall and then reinstall the previous version of the tool with the old licensing client from here: ftp://support.red-gate.com/patches/SQLM ... .5.447.exe

Apologies for any inconvenience caused!

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your patience on this!

We've tracked down the cause of this licensing client issue, which will occur for activated V1.2.6.521 installations that upgraded from an earlier version.

This will be resolved in SQL Multi Script in the near future and I will update here again once that's released, but in the mean time, in order to use V1.2.6.521 of SQL Multi Script, you can use the following workaround (which involves reactivating the license):

1. Close SQL Multi Script if already open.
    2. Delete the SQL Multi Script_v1_0.lic file from C:ProgramDataRed GateLicenses. This action will reset the new licensing client.
    3. Restart SQL Multi Script and the reported error will not occur and you will be able to activate your and then continue using SQL Multi Script.

I hope that helps!

Hello!

I'm happy to report that the issue with SQL Multi Script and the Redgate Licensing Service is now resolved in V1.2.7.537, available here: ftp://support.red-gate.com/patches/SQLM ... .7.537.zip

• achamardachamard Posts: 3 New member
    Hi Jessica,

Patch installed. Sql Multi Script is working again!!

Thanks for your help.

Andy
    Hi Andy,

That's great news, thanks for the update! :)

Please let us know should anything else come up.