Options

Move License to new machine

Roger_BRoger_B Posts: 2
I am getting a new laptop. What is the proper method to move my copy of Data Compare to the new machine?

Comments

• Options
    Well actually in about a weeks' time you will be able to get our new deactivation tool in order to move a license from one to the other. Other than that you can simply try activating on your new machine and it may allowed within your allowed activations. If that fails and you can't wait a week then perhaps you should contact licensing@red-gate.com to request an extra activation.

HTH
    Richard Mitchell
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Options
    Richard Mitchell
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Options
    Does the deactivation tool work on ANTS 2.71?

Where can I download the installer for this version to put it on my new machine?
  • Options
    PENTPENT Posts: 1 New member
    Hello,
    we are using this product :ANTS PERFORMANCE PROFILER.
    we have 2 user license installed on 2 different machines.
    these machines are not exist anymore .therefore, we can not deactivate them with the tool.
    please advise how we can deactivate the licenses.

when trying to install on new machine, it showed message "the serial number has been activated on more computers than the number of licenses you purchased"

Thank You.
  • Options
    wdudekwdudek Posts: 1 New member
    Hi,
    We are in the same boat. How do we deactivate licenses for PCs that no longer exist?
  • Options
    Indeed So, When the Server is no more due to data corruption. I would like to see a portal where the activated licenses reside, and machine names are visible, and then just deactivate them from there. That would be on my wishlist if i could ask you to do something :) !
  • Options
    ReddRedd Posts: 4 New member
    We have 1 user license and sql data compare and sql compare are already installed with that license in one machine. How can I move it to a new machine? Will uninstalling from current machine and then installing on the new machine with the same license key work? Please confirm as I don’t want to get stuck while installing on the new machine.

many thanks 
  • Options
    Also, when I try to install on a new machine it asks to shut down . How to do this.
  • Options
    All sorted