Objects do not displayed

Visualizes SQL Server object dependencies.

Moderators: David Atkinson, Anu Deshpande

Objects do not displayed

Postby lw1990 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:18 pm

I just started to use the Dependency Tracker 2.5. After I installed it, it's running OK. After I click [color=blue]Add Objects to Project[/color], the [color=blue]Add Objects to Project [/color]dialog box is displayed, with a list of the SQL Server instances, but here is a problem. If I select different database, I'll get different display in Objects in Selected Database. Some database can be explored with Tables, Views, etc.. and select any of them, the [color=green]Add Selection to Project [/color]button is enabled; Some database can not be explored, no extension under the database in Objects in Selected Database, and after I select the database, the [color=green]Add Selection to Project [/color]button is unable to click.

Is anything I need to update in the database or the Dependency Tracker 2.5 has some bug?

Thanks.
lw1990

Postby mka » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:52 am

I have the exact same problem. Some databases list all ojects, whereas others do not show any objects at all. I suspect it has someting to do with the database schema and permissions thereof - but am not sure. Thanks.
mka

Return to SQL Dependency Tracker 2