Search fails with "AS#2346: RESTRICTIONS FAILED" error

Announcements and discussion for PInvoke

Moderators: Luke Jefferson, Robert

Search fails with "AS#2346: RESTRICTIONS FAILED" error

Postby Thomcat » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:31 am

There is "AS#2346: RESTRICTIONS FAILED" error when searching GetProcessHandleCount.
Thomcat

Postby Robert » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:53 am

Hi,

I've just tried this and can't seem to reproduce that error (though I don't get any search results either, which probably isn't much use to you :-)).

I wonder if you're still seeing it, or if it was just a transient problem?

Thanks,
Robert

Edit: I may have mis-parsed your question - do you mean when searching for that term on the pinvoke.net website, or when actually using the GetProcessHandleCount() method in an application? I assumed the first one of these...
Robert Chipperfield
Red Gate
Robert

Postby Thomcat » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:33 am

Hi, Robert.
The error still exists. Of course I mean when searching on the pinvoke.net. Moreover, today I've found another query with that error box.
See screenshots.
Thomcat

Postby Robert » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:32 am

Ah, that's interesting. The error you're seeing is actually our flash banner ad, rather than the main site, so the only thing you're missing out on is seeing how great ANTS Profiler is! :-p

I'm not sure why it's happening (I'm no flash expert by a long way), but perhaps you're running your browser with restricted permissions somehow? Or possibly a corporate firewall / filter?

Edit: what browser are you running, out of interest? I don't recognise the chrome at the bottom...

Robert
Robert Chipperfield
Red Gate
Robert

Postby Thomcat » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:40 pm

Ha! Of course, it's a firewall!

But I was so sure that there is must be "Found nothing" or smth like this :) I didn't suppose that it's a banner :)

Thanks, Robert
Thomcat

Return to PInvoke.Net