RgPublish.exe /target doesn't create specified folder

Automated deployment for web applications and databases

Moderators: Mike Upton, justin.caldicott, Sean.newham, csmith, chirayu, DavidSimner, david.conlin

RgPublish.exe /target doesn't create specified folder

Postby abatishchev » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:48 am

Using RgPublish /target makes no sense in dynamic environment (where folder name is being generated and created dynamically, say by TeamCity). There is no way to pre-create such folder so it must create it by itself.

Currently it throws an error instead:
[03:36:50][Step 7/7] Target folder 'C:\\TeamCity\\buildAgent\\work\\403d3ec57312a972\\redgate' does not exist.
abatishchev

Postby james.billings » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:27 pm

At the moment, the target folder is taken exactly as specified, and that's where the resulting .nupkg ends up.
Could you clarify a little more your use-case regarding integration with Team City?
I assume that if team city has created an output folder, this may be accessible through some sort of variable you could pass through to RGPublish?
james.billings

Postby abatishchev » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:34 pm

TeamCity creates %system.teamcity.build.workingDir% that I can use. But this is a root of the whole checkout and build process.
If I want use more specific subfolder that doesn't exist in source, I can't, because DM won't create it.

If would fix that in an obvious way:
Code: Select all
if (!Directory.Exists(TargetFolder))
     Directory.Create(TargetFolder));
abatishchev

Postby Mike Upton » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:36 pm

You're quite right. I'm fixing that now; the fix will be available in the next release.

Hope that helps,
Mike
Mike Upton

Software Engineer
Red Gate Software Ltd.
Mike Upton

Return to Deployment Manager