Compresses, encrypts, secures and monitors SQL Server backups.
Moderators: JonathanWatts, Chris Auckland, eddie davis, Colin Millerchip, Brian Harris, james.billings, RBA, petey
Is there a limit on the number of databases to backup per Instance?
We have over 1400 databases in an Instance and the backups hang after a period of time. Using v18.104.22.168.
Senior Database Administrator
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:54 pm
There isn't a limit to the number of databases that SQL Backup can back up per instance, since each database is backed up sequentially.
SQL Backup should have generated a log file if it crashed. Could you please send me this file? This file is named SQBCoreService_<instance name>_bugreport.txt, and is located in 'C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Application Data\\Red Gate\\SQL Backup\\Log\\' on Windows 2003 and older, and 'C:\\ProgramData\\Red Gate\\SQL Backup\\Log\\' on Windows Vista and newer.
- output from sp_who2 if the backup is still in a hanging state
- the SQL Backup backup command that you were using
- any errors recorded in the Windows Event log related to the SQLVDI source during the time of the backup
- any errors recorded in the SQL Server error log during the time of the backup
SQL Backup Consultant Developer
Associate, Yohz Software
- SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 7
- Posts: 2227
- Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:34 pm
Return to SQL Backup 7
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: spthorn and 0 guests