When adding a node to an existing sql cluster

Compresses, encrypts, secures and monitors SQL Server backups.

Moderators: Chris Auckland, eddie davis, Colin Millerchip, Brian Harris, james.billings, RBA, petey

When adding a node to an existing sql cluster

Postby st8floorsup » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:28 pm

How do you install RedGate for the existing instances? I have SQLBackup 6.5 on node A and B already. I have added a node C and need to get SQLBackup to work when existing instance failover to C. I have installed SQLBackup on node C for a new instance of SQL but it isn't setup for the existing instance already on the cluster.
st8floorsup

Postby Brian Donahue » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:07 pm

Hi,

All that you should need to do is locate sqbserversetup.exe from the SQL Backup Program Files folder, copy that to the new cluster node, and run it from the console. When you choose the instance of SQL for which to install the components, you can then choose to install on all nodes. This should add the new node.

Please let us know whether this works or if there is a problem getting it to work.
Brian Donahue

Postby st8floorsup » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:12 pm

That works. I didn't know what would happen when you say install on all nodes when it was already installed on 2 of them.

Thank you.
st8floorsup

Postby Brian Donahue » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:20 pm

I tested it out myself to make sure - it doesn't seem to affect the installation on the existing nodes at all...
Brian Donahue

Return to SQL Backup 6