Tried ANTS Memory Profiler, now my Window Service won't run

Memory profiling for .NET developers

Moderators: Luke Jefferson, Bart Read, StephenC, AndrewH, melvyn.harbour, james.billings, Laura Morley, dene.boulton

Tried ANTS Memory Profiler, now my Window Service won't run

Postby stl3359 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:14 pm

I thought I had a memory leak problem with my program, so I found ANTS Memory Profiler, which had been recommended by lots of people on a lot of websites for being a good program.

Unfortunately I've run into a serious problem where my Windows service will not start anymore on its own (i.e. clicking start in the services console). The only way I can start the service is by using ANTS memory profiler.

I restarted the computer hoping that it would release whatever hold ANTS put on my program, but it didn't work. The message I get from Windows is:
\"Windows could not start the <service name> service on Local Computer.
Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.\"

Has anyone ever experienced this issue? What should I do to fix it?
stl3359

Same problem

Postby mgehlen » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:34 am

I have encountered exactly the same problem.

Our company bought the redgate software to fix memory leak issues and after using it to profile one of our Windows services the service won't start anymore and gives the same 1053 Error.

Did you find a solution for this issue?
mgehlen

Postby mgehlen » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:47 am

After looking through the knowledge database i found this article:
http://www.red-gate.com/SupportCenter/C ... 0708000078

There is a detailed sollution to this issue.
Sadly this article isnt fount by searching for '1053', which would be incredible helpful.
mgehlen

Return to ANTS Memory Profiler 7