Compresses, encrypts, secures and monitors SQL Server backups.
Moderators: JonathanWatts, Chris Auckland, eddie davis, Colin Millerchip, Brian Harris, james.billings, RBA, petey
We use redgate SQL backup (V 6.5) and I just started playing with it. I got a question about "Local Backup" and "Copy backup to Network".
1. Can I specify a local drive location path in the "Network Copy Location" ? (We have a requirement to copy backup from drive to another due to disk space issue).
2. When both Backup Location and Copy backup to network are selected, does the software create a local backup in the first step and then copy the file to network location in serial operation ? (or its a parallel operation of writing to both locations simultaneously).
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:26 pm
- Location: US/NZ
Yes, you can use a local folder as the 'copy to' destination.
Yes, the backup and copy processes are performed serially as you described. It is possible to create the backup files in parallel, using the 'Single file, mirrored to second location' option in step 3 of the backup wizard.
SQL Backup Consultant Developer
Associate, Yohz Software
- SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 7
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:34 pm
Return to SQL Backup 7
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests