Similar objects shown in differences group

Compares and synchronizes SQL Server databases, backups and scripts.

Moderators: JonathanWatts, Chris Auckland, David Atkinson, eddie davis, Anu Deshpande, Michelle Taylor, alice.easey, james.billings, chengvoon.tong

Similar objects shown in differences group

Postby cblaze22 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:26 pm

I am doing a compare and there are objects being shown in the differences group, but the compare view shows no differences. Am I missing something?
cblaze22

Postby james.billings » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:14 pm

Just to clarify, are you saying that you highlight the object it found as being different, and the differences pane at the bottom shows nothing highlighted?

If so, I've seen this kind of thing occur before where the only difference is in something like the carriage return type in the extended properties text (i.e. the DB has a CR, the other db (or script file if comparing to scripts) has a CRLF. Because these characters are invisible, nothing gets highlighted.

You can narrow down what the difference is by ticking some of the ignore options- for instance ticking the option to ignore Extended Properties will then treat the objects as identical (assuming the only diff is in those)
james.billings

Postby cblaze22 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:24 pm

You are correct. I have all options checked as ignored in the settings but there is no setting called ignore Extended Properties.
cblaze22

Postby james.billings » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:26 pm

Should be:

james.billings

Return to SQL Compare 10