how to find out the memory leakage class

Memory profiling for .NET developers

Moderators: Luke Jefferson, StephenC, AndrewH, melvyn.harbour, james.billings, Laura Morley, dene.boulton

how to find out the memory leakage class

Postby precious.logic » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:30 pm

hi
i am new user of ants memory profiler i used the software and now i am understanding how the software is working i check that my software is creating memory leakage but i also checked in class list and search a lot but didn't find any where how to get the code of that class or location of that class in code so i can fixed that is ants allow me to do that type of thing thanks
precious.logic

Postby james.billings » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:50 pm

Hi,
If you think you have found the class causing the memory leak you can right-click it in any of the screens and open up a new instance of Visual Studio- it should drop you into the code then.

The memory profiler won't be able to necessarily point you at the exact line of code that causes your memory leak as it won't know this- you use the Instance Retention graph to first find what is holding on to the leaking objects and then you can work out in your code where those references come from.

If you haven't already done so, I would suggest checking out some of the videos showing you how to use the tool
james.billings

Return to ANTS Memory Profiler 7