Packages and compresses schema and contents of SQL Server databases
Moderators: JonathanWatts, Chris Auckland, David Atkinson, david connell, Anu Deshpande, Michelle Taylor, james.billings, Marianne
What I’m trying to achieve is to generate an executable file from a script using the SqlPackager command line interface. The script file contains two parts:
1. The result script of a schema comparison (using SqlCompare)
2. A script file that contains code for inserting/merging static data.
I’m using a power shell batch to combine the files (extracting the content of the scripts and adding it to a new file one after the other).
I also tried packaging just the static data insertion script. The package raised SQL errors when I tried to execute it on the target database, as if the packager did not package the entire script.
1. Is it at all possible to create a package from a script which is not a schema script, i.e. a script which is inserting data to tables?
2. Is it ok to combine scripts textually and package them to one exe file?
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:39 pm
- Location: Herzelya, Israel
Yes that shoudl be fine. Please let us know what errors you get. We have opened a support call for this already so if you have anything to send please respond to the email that we sent you when we opened the call.
- Posts: 6669
- Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:48 am
Return to SQL Packager 6
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests