Same table in two seperate schemas

Visualizes SQL Server object dependencies.

Moderators: David Atkinson, Anu Deshpande

Same table in two seperate schemas

Postby davidmgray » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:58 am

Hi,
SQL 2005

I have two tables with the same name in different schemas. I would like to check the dependancies on one of them but it appears I'm unable to choose the schema.

Only one is shown in the list of selectable objects & it's not clear which one that is.

Am I missing something?

Dave
davidmgray

Postby james.billings » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:02 pm

I just looked at the notest for the latest patch here and I see one of the changes was to Full-Qualify objects.
That sounds like it may help with your problem, so could you install it and see how you get on?
james.billings

Re:

Postby davidmgray » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:05 pm

james.billings wrote:I just looked at the notest for the latest patch here and I see one of the changes was to Full-Qualify objects.
That sounds like it may help with your problem, so could you install it and see how you get on?

Hi,
Thanks I will give that a try. However it was not just that the schemas weren't being displayed, it was that when there were duplicate objects in two different schemas, only was was showing.

Dave
davidmgray

Postby james.billings » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:07 pm

OK - if the patch doesn't work, let us know and I'll see if I can reproduce the problem at this end, and log a bug if needs be.
james.billings

Re:

Postby davidmgray » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:29 pm

james.billings wrote:I just looked at the notest for the latest patch here and I see one of the changes was to Full-Qualify objects.

That's fixed it, many thanks.
davidmgray

Postby james.billings » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:31 pm

Awesome, thanks for posting back and letting us know!
james.billings

Return to SQL Dependency Tracker 2