Memory profiling for .NET developers
Moderators: Luke Jefferson, StephenC, AndrewH, melvyn.harbour, james.billings, Laura Morley, dene.boulton
In the release notes of Memory Profile 7, the last point says
"The snapshot API does not work with Silverlight applications, due to security restrictions in Silverlight." but in the supported features it says "Silverlight 4 browser applications".
So if snapshot is not working , then how to find the leaks in memory ?
Can we profile silverlight 4 applications and if yes then how?
Are there any examples specifically for silverlight profiling because when I try to do it through the HTML file , nothing happens.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:17 am
Yes, you can profile Silverlight 4 applications.
The snapshot API is when you call RedGate.MemoryProfiler.Snapshot.TakeSnapshot() from within your code. RedGate.MemoryProfiler.Snapshot.TakeSnapshot() does not work for Silverlight applications.
To profile Silverlight applications, you use the Take Snapshot button in the ANTS Memory Profiler GUI instead:
1. Use Task Manager to kill all iexplore.exe process that are already running.
2. Set up your Silverlight 4 browser application as described at http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/Content?p=ANTS%20Memory%20Profiler&c=ANTS_Memory_Profiler/help/7.0/amp_setup_silverlight.htm&toc=ANTS_Memory_Profiler/help/7.0/toc1286213.htm
When Internet Explorer starts, your Silverlight application is shown.
3. Use the Take Snapshot button to take your memory snapshots, as described at http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/Content?p=ANTS%20Memory%20Profiler&c=ANTS_Memory_Profiler/help/7.0/amp_find_leak.htm&toc=ANTS_Memory_Profiler/help/7.0/toc1286225.htm
Hope that helps,
Red Gate Software.
- Posts: 95
- Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:54 pm
- Location: Cambridge, UK
Return to ANTS Memory Profiler 7
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests