/presql not working

Packages and compresses schema and contents of SQL Server databases

Moderators: JonathanWatts, Chris Auckland, David Atkinson, david connell, Anu Deshpande, Michelle Taylor, james.billings, Marianne

/presql not working

Postby Wyatt70 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:29 pm

I'm using version 6.3.1.122 SQL Packager, and it is not letting me use the "/presql" switch on the command line.

Here is the command I tried to execute:

Code: Select all
C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Red Gate\\SQL Packager 6>sqlpackager /argfile:"D:\\SQL Projects\\CLG Application\\3.5 Deployment\\SQL Packager Scripts\\CLGTempDBConfig.xml" /location:"D:\\SQL Projects\\CLG Application\\3.5 Deployment\\SQL Packager Scripts" /presql:"Enable FileStream for CLGTempDB.sql" /postsql:"Drop and Create Clean Up CLGMMCTEMP.sql"

When I run this, I get this error:

Code: Select all
Error: Invalid command-line argument: /presql. Please use SQLPackager.exe /? or
SQLPackager.exe /verbose /? for more information.

Is my syntax wrong?
Wyatt70

Postby james.billings » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:13 pm

/presql and /postsql are commandline options for the package you generate, not for Packager itself. So once you've generated your .exe from packager you can pass the pre + post sql commands to that.
james.billings

Re:

Postby Wyatt70 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:31 pm

james.billings wrote:/presql and /postsql are commandline options for the package you generate, not for Packager itself. So once you've generated your .exe from packager you can pass the pre + post sql commands to that.

Ok. Thanks for the info.
Wyatt70

Return to SQL Packager 6