Unable to load ...oci.dll. Please check that you use 64x ...

Compares and synchronizes the schemas of Oracle databases

Unable to load ...oci.dll. Please check that you use 64x ...

Postby Armin Mueller » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:35 pm

Hi!

I downloaded this tool as I made good experiences with the tools for SQL Server. But now I have to care about Oracle too.

My system is Windows 7 64bit on which I installed both the 32bit and 64bit version of the Oracle Client and configured both of them correctly. I also installed Oracle SQL Developer 64bit and everything is working fine.

Testing Schema Compare for Oracle is also fine till I klick the last time "Synchronize Now", there I get "Unable to load C:\\...product\\1.1.0\\client_win32\\oci.dll. Please check that you use 64x version of Oracle client with 64x application."

Any idea what's going wrong here?

Thanks.
Armin
Armin Mueller

Postby Tom Harris » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:55 pm

Hi Armin,

this is an unusual error. Here are 2 things that would really help us out

a) Could you try running the 32bit version of Schema Compare for Oracle - typically at C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Red Gate\\Schema Compare for Oracle 1

b) Enable logging and run 64bit version of Schema Compare for Oracle - when the error happens, please send through the log files to me

Details on how to set up logging are described here

http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/G ... ta_Compare\\knowledgebase\\logging_and_log_files.htm

Kind regards, Tom Harris
Tom Harris

Postby Armin Mueller » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:47 pm

Hi Tom,

thanks for your answer.

After checking for the 32bit version I'm somewhat confused as I could find nothing but a 32bit version of Schema Compare on my pc. Now I can understand what rises the error. What I don't understand is why I'm not able to select my 32bit Oracle home in the drop down list and should there be a 64bit version of Schema Compare on my pc. There is none.

Yours,
Armin
Armin Mueller

Return to Schema Compare for Oracle