Interoperability & Marshaling: Marshaling with C# Pocket Reference

Announcements and discussion for PInvoke

Moderators: Luke Jefferson, Robert

Interoperability & Marshaling: Marshaling with C# Pocket Reference

Postby elsheimy » Mon May 24, 2010 9:49 pm

Hi,

It's Mohammad Elsheimy, 19 years old technical writer.

I wrote a small writing (about 100 pages) about Marshaling and C#.

Can you please tell me how do you see it?
Marshaling with C# Pocket Reference
http://justlikeamagic.wordpress.com/201 ... marshaling

Note: This is not a preview and those pages are not intended for commercial use.

Can you recommend something for me? How can I improve my writing skills?
Regards,
Mohammad Elsheimy
http://JustLikeAMagic.WordPress.com
elsheimy

Postby slaphead99 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:33 pm

Hello Mohammed.

I took a very quick look (I will read more later when I am at home).

This is a *very professional* piece of work. A few years back I knew nothing about marshalling in C' and this would have helped me tremendously.

About improvements- you'll know what you know technically so, I presume, you mean your (english) technical authoring skills.

I'm not a professional technical author myself but I know a good piece of writing when I see it. All I can say is perhaps, avoid the vernacular for the time being: you say: "homer"- do you mean "homing pigeon" (it is a good analogy :). And you say:

"Keep in mind that. .NET Framework allows you to take a granular level of control over the marshaling process and that would be very complicated. However, things can be so simple."

Better: "Keep in mind that .NET Framework allows you to take a granular level of control over the marshaling process and, therefore, this could become complicated. However, things can still be kept simple."

My analysis- English has many verb tenses for the future sense so maybe avoid these as its easy to use the wrong one.

My last piece of advice is - what I find separates good writers from very good ones is the wise use of punctuation :)

Keep it up!
slaphead99

Return to PInvoke.Net