Error with Static Data and DDL Triggers

A SQL Server Management Studio add-in to source control your database in Subversion or Team Foundation Server.

Moderators: Chris Auckland, David Atkinson, sherr, PhilScrace, andy.campbell.smith

Error with Static Data and DDL Triggers

Postby gee_cee » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:26 pm

We recently added some DDL triggers to our database and noticed SQL Source Control's script generation when syncing static data has incorrect syntax in it. This means every time we need to update our database static data we have to fail and manually edit the scripts. Attached shows the incorrect syntax and bug happening.

Steps to reproduce and fix:
1. You see new static data is available when you hit “Get Latestâ€
gee_cee

Postby james.billings » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:42 am

Thanks for posting this. I've run through the same steps and I do indeed get the same problem, therefore I've logged a bug (SOC-6102) to get it looked into.
You're right that we currently don't expose the Data Compare options in SQL Source Control (although this is something we're investigating adding). For now, I think you'll need to continue manually amending the update script.
james.billings

Postby GrahamH » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:19 pm

Our latest frequent update 3.7.3.177 should fix this issue. See this page for more information (and the download link for the latest):
http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-de ... nt-updates

Can you let us know if the fix works for you?
GrahamH

Return to SQL Source Control 3