Bug: Fillfactor on Table Types

A SQL Server Management Studio add-in to source control your database in Subversion or Team Foundation Server.

Moderators: Chris Auckland, David Atkinson, sherr, PhilScrace, andy.campbell.smith

Bug: Fillfactor on Table Types

Postby AdamY » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:10 pm

My Source Control crashed a few days ago and I had to reinstall it. After reinstalling (v3.6.6.178), Source Control now shows a Fillfactor setting on my user-defined Table Types, which it did not do before. And, of course, Fillfactor on a Table Type is not a valid option in SQL Server.
Image

This is similar to the bug I reported with SQL Packager in early 2013.

I was able to bypass this by setting Source Control to ignore Fillfactor... but of course, now it ignores all by fillfactor settings, which I'd prefer not to do.
AdamY
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:24 pm

Postby Evan Moss » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:18 pm

Hello,

Sorry you're experiencing problems with SQL Source Control.

I just tried reproducing this behavior with 3.6.6.178 but haven't been able to.

I used the script in your screenshot (minus the fillfactor part) and it seemed to work fine. Do you have any other settings you're using that I can use to reproduce this here?

Thanks,
Evan
Evan Moss
Product Support
(866) 627-8107
Evan Moss
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:56 pm

Postby AdamY » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:59 pm

I cannot think of any other setting that would contribute to this. I'd be happy to supply the Source Control scripts or backup of the database if you'd like.

What is very odd is that this problem did not exist until Source Control crashed and stopped showing up in SSMS. I had to reinstall it and then this problem started.

When I reported this issue on SQL Packager they said they couldn't reproduce the issue, but you can see they eventually found the bug (SPA-601). I assume the Red Gate products share similar "compare" code. Perhaps the details of that SQL Packager bug could help with this SQL Source Control issue?
AdamY
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:24 pm

Postby Evan Moss » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:03 pm

Hi Adam,

I looked into SPA-601 and tried to use the scripts from that bug to reproduce this one, but to no avail.

If you could send in a backup to support@red-gate.com, that'd be great. (We have a ticket open for you -- number 21542 -- that you should have received an auto-email for, so you can just respond there.)

Thanks,
Evan
Evan Moss
Product Support
(866) 627-8107
Evan Moss
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:56 pm

Backup file sent

Postby AdamY » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:30 pm

Evan Moss wrote:If you could send in a backup to support@red-gate.com, that'd be great. (We have a ticket open for you -- number 21542 -- that you should have received an auto-email for, so you can just respond there.)

I have email the backup file as requested. Even without any data it was 6MB so I'm hoping it made it through all the email filters.
AdamY
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:24 pm

Postby Evan Moss » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:47 pm

Hi Adam,

It looks like this is a bug in the comparison engine that got added into SQL Source Control after version 3.6.0.3. If you'd like to downgrade to that version while we get to the bottom of the issue, you can find it here: ftp://support.red-gate.com/patches/sqls ... .6.0.3.exe

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'll update this thread when I hear more.

Regards,
Evan
Evan Moss
Product Support
(866) 627-8107
Evan Moss
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:56 pm


Return to SQL Source Control 3

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest