When doing a compare and using Source Control as my source and leaving version as "Latest(mast)", I get the wrong number for this databases version number. In fact, the Extended Property in our database is not even correct...so, I am not sure what is going on.
We are using TFS, and we have multiple databases in the SAME TEAM Project Collection, but under separate TEAM Projects. I understand that version numbers for changes will not be sequential, as the only time the version number updates is when we check things in for that Database. That is fine. What I have a problem with, is that the version number that is generated by SQL COMPARE is not getting the last time a Check-In was done for that database when using "Lastest(head)" as the version to get. In my case, the last time this database was changed was version 281. My extended property for that database shows 186...weird, when I use sql compare, it puts 290 in the script. my last 5 version numbers for this database are as follows: 169, 173, 182, 186, 281, I would expect to see 281 if I used "Latest(head) as my version, but it's not happening.
NTS Data Services, LLC