Unexpected null value has been found....

A SQL Server Management Studio add-in to source control your database in Subversion or Team Foundation Server.

Moderators: Chris Auckland, David Atkinson, sherr, PhilScrace, andy.campbell.smith

Unexpected null value has been found....

Postby octacon100 » Wed May 28, 2014 8:57 pm

When trying to "get latest" from a newly updated tfs source, I keep getting unexpected null value errors. I've sent a few error reports in, but I'd like to get this fixed fast.


Here's the error details:

An unexpected null value has been found while running postprocessing operations on the script database. Please ensure the script database is consistent. If the problem persists, please contact our support.

I've tried unlinking and relinking, but I continue to get errors. Anything else I can do?
octacon100
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 8:52 pm
Location: United States

Found the fix

Postby octacon100 » Wed May 28, 2014 10:25 pm

Ok, was able to fix it, so I'm leaving the fix here for anyone who needs it:

Go to the C:\\Users\\[your username here]\\AppData\\Local\\Red Gate\\SQL Source Control 3\\Transients folder.

You'll find all the folders for your source control code here. Find the one that is linked to your database (You might need to fiddle with the setup to get a date modified changed on the folder) Rename that to something else, and set the connection up again. You should be able to start using "Get Latest" again.
octacon100
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 8:52 pm
Location: United States

Postby Evan Moss » Fri May 30, 2014 10:50 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

To be honest, I'm surprised your solution worked if unlinking/relinking doesn't work (that should rebuild the transient folder from scratch). Please let us know if you run into any more issues.

Regards,
Evan
Evan Moss
Product Support
(866) 627-8107
Evan Moss
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:56 pm


Return to SQL Source Control 3

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest