Source Control tab not visible in SSMS

A SQL Server Management Studio add-in to source control your database in Subversion or Team Foundation Server.

Moderators: Chris Auckland, David Atkinson, sherr, PhilScrace, andy.campbell.smith

Source Control tab not visible in SSMS

Postby ijskaleka » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:22 pm

I have Source Control 3.5 installed and connected on my machine. I could see the Source Control tab and work with it till yesterday evening. The control is not visible in SSMS ( SQL 2012 ) today.

I had experienced this issue once earlier but that time I was able to re-install Source Control 3.5 and the issue was resolved.

Now the install package shows that Source Control is all ready installed.
ijskaleka

Postby David Atkinson » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:42 pm

Is it the issue described here? (ie, a bug is hiding the toolbar)

http://documentation.red-gate.com/displ ... ta+program
David Atkinson

Postby ijskaleka » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:26 pm

Both Red Gate and Source Control toolbars are set to visible. There used to be a Source Control tab within the SSMS along with the Object Explorer Details tab. This tab is not visible now
ijskaleka

Postby David Atkinson » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:48 pm

When you click on the SQL Source Control button, does nothing happen?
David Atkinson

Postby ijskaleka » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:19 pm

I suppose you mean if I go to All Programs > Red Gate > Source Control. If I click there then a new instance of SSMS opens up without any Source Control.
ijskaleka

Me, too

Postby AdamY » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:54 pm

I had the same problem today. It was working fine then I opened SSMS and got a weird error about the SQL Source Control plug-in. It asked if I wanted to remove it and rename some file - I clicked "No" but the button in the Red Gate toolbar (in SSMS) was gone. Sure wish I had taken a screenshot of that error message.

I tried to "repair" the install via Windows Programs and Features with no luck.

So I uninstalled Source Control and reinstalled it. That worked. Source Control is back in my SSMS toolbar now.
AdamY

Return to SQL Source Control 3