Compares and synchronizes the schemas of Oracle databases
Moderators: eddie davis, richardjm, Michael Christofides, neil.anderson
1. Create comments on the columns of a VIEW in the database (Oracle XE 126.96.36.199.0)
2. Use schema compare v188.8.131.529 to generate scripts - runs OK
3. Use schema compare v184.108.40.2069 to re-create objects in database schema from scripts - FAILS
The Schema Compare run in step 3 fails when running deployment script with "Error: ORA-00911: invalid character"
Removing the "comment on column view.column is '...'" commands from the "create view" script seems to fix the problem - so assume that these comments are the cause of the problem.
Could someone please confirm whether
(1) This is a bug?
(2) When we can expect a new version of Schema Compare that fixes this (and the 2 previously reported bugs)?
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:25 pm
Thanks for getting in touch. This could be a bug but as ever, it depends. Can you post here or send to email@example.com
the SQL the Schema Compare is outputting that causes this problem?
I think it could be either we're outputting invalid SQL or the target you are deploying to has a different character set than the source (assuming it is a different database).
- Posts: 64
- Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:17 pm
Return to Schema Compare for Oracle
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests