Ignore Roles

Compares and synchronizes SQL Server databases, backups and scripts.

Moderators: JonathanWatts, Chris Auckland, David Atkinson, eddie davis, Anu Deshpande, Michelle Taylor, alice.easey, james.billings, chengvoon.tong

Postby james.billings » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:38 pm

OK, I think the main issue here is that the include:identical is "winning" (all the Roles you see are identical ones, not ones where there's a difference).
I don't think there's any way to combine include/exclude like this and actually control what happens. It's recommended to use a filter rather than exclude now anyway (so create a filter excluding roles in the GUI and save it to a .scpf file, then reference this with the /filter switch).

Even doing this, include:identical "wins", however there's a new switch now which omits the need for that: /assertidentical.
Using that switch will stop the error occurring on identical DB's but also not include identical objects in the output.
james.billings

Postby johnfnz » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:45 pm

That doesn't help because:

Code: Select all
Error: The /assertidentical switch cannot be used in conjunction with the /synchronize switch. Please use SQLCompare.exe /? or
SQLCompare.exe /verbose /? for more information.

If I remove include:idential then I just get the
Code: Select all
Error: The selected objects are identical or no objects have been selected in the comparison.

error.

I'll try the filer.
johnfnz

Previous

Return to SQL Compare 10