What thread was a method executed on

Code profiling for .NET developers.

Moderator: dom.smith

What thread was a method executed on

Postby robperren » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:55 am

Hey,

I've been trying out ANTS Profiler 8 and I really like the improvements made over version 7 but there is one feature that seems to have been lost which I found essential for analysing the project I am current working on.

In version 7 it was possible to select a method and then a green bar would appear in the graph view (I think this is called a method event) it was possible to highlight this bar and it would tell you which thread(s) this method was executed on.

In version 8 I still get the green bar but there doesn't seem to be a way see the executing thread. Is there any way to do this now?

Thanks

Rob
robperren

Postby Chris.Allen » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:06 pm

Let me just check with our product team and, if necessary, slap one of them. Please bear with me while I do this.
Chris.Allen

Postby Chris.Allen » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:47 pm

Yes- you're right. A little regression here. I've logged it as a bug and will get it prioritsed for the next minor or perhaps major release.
Chris.Allen

Book mark the green bar

Postby philippe.martens » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:00 am

In a previous version (I don't remember if it was 6 or 7), it was also possible to create a bookmark from the green bar (or from the selected method corresponding to it).
This was very handy for drilling down.
philippe.martens

Return to ANTS Performance Profiler 8