Connecting sql source control with SSDT / db project

A SQL Server Management Studio add-in to source control your database in Subversion or Team Foundation Server.

Moderators: Chris Auckland, David Atkinson, sherr, PhilScrace, andy.campbell.smith

Connecting sql source control with SSDT / db project

Postby Spud » Wed May 08, 2013 12:03 pm

Hopefully just a quickie...

We use sql source control to check in & getlatest, and wish to continue doing so.

I want to use SSDT / Sql Server Database project in order to create a dacpac that defines the latest schema.

Where is the link in a sql server database project so that a check-in via source control would ripple through to the database project after a getlatest (and therefore the dacpac upon a recompile)?
Spud

Postby james.billings » Fri May 10, 2013 2:47 pm

I can see my colleague David is helping you out here - if you're ever in need of direct assistance with our tools, feel free to email support@red-gate.com - the forums are more intended for user-user discussions, and although we do try to keep an eye on the posts here you'll generally get a quicker response asking directly.
james.billings

Postby Spud » Fri May 10, 2013 3:34 pm

Yep, thanks James. I originally posted here and msdn. Here because it's where i think I *should* ask, and msdn as answers seem to be quicker to appear.
Spud

Return to SQL Source Control 3